2/3/10

Some things of note.

Just some updates and things of note.

1. I keep letting the redesign of this space go by the wayside, but there's more important things that take up my time (work/school) that come before art stuff, and then this layout is at the bottom of the art barrel itself. So, we'll see how that whole new look goes, or doesn't go...

2. I've been relentlessly thinking and making small adjustments to a particular style that I've enjoyed exploring. I think it's good to go, and as far as most of anything that will get posted here or on Etsy, it's going to be simple, bold, and accessible to any age range.

3. A neat little thing is happening at the girlfriend's workplace. Their office has this charity auction each year, or a couple times a year, or something like that...and they have people offer a thing or two to get placed into a handful of gift basket type things. Some people put in their hobby photography and such, or cross stitch things, etc. So I was asked (which is odd because I'm usually volunteered or called upon without question, heh) if I would like to contribute.

The theme is nature-y things and environmental stuff, so I gave it a thought or two, and finally decided on something.

There's a lot of silly or funny names for mountain ranges in the world. Some of them here in the US. So I took a few that made me giggle, and I'm painting little pictures of them. It's fun, and I'm getting a kick out of illustrating them.

I think Friday after a couple of errands/appts I'll make a big push to at least rearrange the stuff in this blog a bit. There's some widgets I'd like to try out.

Ta ta for now,
-Blake

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What!? I want the mountains!