11/24/09

Eureka!

Just started work on a long series. I'm going to create an image for each letter of the alphabet. Each letter will be represented by a job, skill, career, or action based on it's name/title in the 19th century. As such, I think I'm going to start with one of the following:

Apothecary - Prepared medicines and drugs.
Aurifaber - A goldsmith.
Ale Draper - Sold ale.
Archivist - A person who kept records of historical importance.

I'll have to pick and choose, I've got a huge, long list of them, and I'd like to not have them repeat if at all possible, but some of the ones I thought were really interesting, or I liked the name, might go hand in hand with another job or career.

I'll post some progress shots tomorrow perhaps.
Happy Thanksgiving!

-Blake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for suggestions I'd go with apothecary or archivist. Both have lots of fun things to draw and have the benefit of being recognizable to most people today, unless you want to go the educational route...